Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Mommy Must Haves

We all have things that we LOVE to use with our babies and toddlers. I thought I would share a few of mine.

- SleepSack Swaddle: I think everyone with a newborn needs one of these. We used SleepSacks with Sydney, but they didn't have the swaddle feature. Harper is two months old, and I still use it to swaddle her. Don't worry, our pediatrician said this was fine. Every night I feed her, change her diaper, and put her in the sack. She stays warm and cozy, and I don't have to worry about her getting a blanket in her face. It also keeps her from jerking her arms and waking herself up. She goes to sleep and STAYS asleep for a good 8 hours or so . . . . no joke. It may just be her, but I really think the SleepSack helps. It's wonderful!!!!

- Dr. Brown's Formula Mixing Pitcher: This is another item that I did not have when Sydney was a baby. I would always mix several bottles at once for her, but I would put the water and powder into each individual bottle. Then shake and shake and shake some more. It drove me crazy! With the formula mixing pitcher, you simply pour in however much water you will need for all of your bottles and add the powder. Then, you mix by pumping the handle up and down. It mixes it up much better than the shaking. Just pour it in the bottles, put them in the fridge and you're done. I usually just rinse it out really well, and put it on the bottle drying rack. Another plus is that you don't get nearly as much foam and bubbles in the bottles which means a happier tummy and baby.

- Booginhead SippiGrip: This is something I use with Sydney. I wish I'd found these years ago. Anyone with a toddler can relate to this . . .  you're driving down the road, you hear a thump followed by, "Mommy, I dropped my cup!!!!" It's either reach around and get the cup someway somehow or listen to the whining. Well, we don't have this problem anymore. You leash that bad boy to the car seat, and no more dropped sippy cups!

- Petunia Picke Bottom Boxy Backpack Diaper Bag with stroller hooks: My neighbor introduced me to the PPB diaper bags. You have a whole little changing station on the front, so there's no need to dig through everything to get your changing supplies. The stroller hooks are wonderful because you can hook the diaper bag onto your stroller and not take up that valuable space under the stroller. They are also very cute . . . definitely not your typical cheesy looking diaper bag. I get lots of compliments on it when we are out. The only bad thing is that they are a bit pricey, but I think it's worth it!

These are my favorite things. What about you??

No comments:

Post a Comment