Well, my sweet little Harper suffered her first injury today at the hands (or should I say mouth) of her sister. Sydney and I were watching an old video of her on my laptop while I held Harper. I looked down and Sydney had her mouth open on Harper's arm. At about that time, Harper let out a little squeal and started crying. All I could think was that surely she didn't bite her. I pulled her sleeve up and there was the proof . . . an imprint of little teeth on Harper's tiny arm. My first reaction was to jerk Sydney up and whip her little bottom. Don't worry, I didn't do it. I sent her to her room for time out while I calmed down and took care of Harper. Sydney cried in her room for about 5 minutes. Then, I let her come back into the living room. We had a VERY serious talk about how it was our responsibility to take care of Harper not hurt her. She kissed Harper's arm, told her she was sorry, and that she would never, ever, ever, ever hurt her again. I think she learned her lesson.
Kyle had a meeting tonight, so he didn't get home until late. While I was giving Sydney a bath, we had the following little conversation:
Sydney: Is Daddy going to be happy when he gets home?
Me: I don't know.
Sydney: Is Daddy going to be mad when he gets home?
Me: I don't know. Why do you think he will be mad?
Sydney: Because I ate Harper.
I had to put my head down on the side of the tub, so she couldn't see my face. It was all I could do not to laugh.
No comments:
Post a Comment