I LOVE monogrammed, appliqued stuff for my girls. I just don't like paying for it! I have bought several shirts from etsy and other sites over the past three years. For those of you that saw the Facebook pic, I bought monogrammed "T" shirts and ruffle pants for them a couple of weeks ago. I got them in last week, and they were so stinkin' cute that I couldn't stand it. The lady who made the outfit actually had the pants listed with a pumpkin t-shirt. I had a her make a "T" instead, so that the girls could wear them on game days. I wanted to order the little pumpkin shirt too, but figured Kyle would revoke my spending privileges (lol) if I got too carried away!
Anyway . . . I started wondering if I could make the shirt myself. You see, I bought a sewing/embroidery machine when Sydney was a baby because I had grand ideas of monogramming everything. I have to admit that I haven't used it very much. I've embroidered several bibs, burp cloths, and paci clips over the past couple of years. However, I never tried a t-shirt. I couldn't figure out how to do it without sewing the shirt shut. I decided to look on YouTube and Google to see if I could figure it out. Well, what do you know - I could have been doing shirts all along. You just kind of roll it up out of the way. I watched several videos and read tutorials, so I was ready to try it. I went to all the craft stores this weekend gathering materials for my little experiment. I hit the jackpot in Hobby Lobby because I found the EXACT same fabric as the pants, so I could make my own matching pumpkin shirt!!!!! I bought a little shirt at Wal-Mart for $3.88 and decided to give it a try. Here are some pics . . . .
| The green looks almost black in this pic. |
| It looks lop-sided because Sydney is not standing straight! lol |
No comments:
Post a Comment