Wednesday, September 7, 2011

I think I spilled sumpin' . . .

I took Sydney to her first dance class today at Dance Works. She loved it! I liked it because I could actually see her the entire time and know what she was doing. The place where she went last year was not setup for parents to watch, so we only got to watch on specified observation days. Hopefully, she will continue to enjoy it!

We didn't go anywhere else today since it was so rainy. I had a new mini muffin pan and cake decorator thing (not sure what to call it), so I told Sydney that we would make some "little cupcakes" after her nap. We made the cupcakes without a problem. Sydney put sprinkles on a few of them and started eating. I looked over and noticed there were six little cupcake wrappers laying in front of her, so she obviously enjoyed them. In her defense, you can eat them in one or two bites.


When we finished decorating the cupcakes, I washed Sydney's hands and face and sent her to the living room to play while I cleaned the kitchen. A few minutes later this little conversation took place . . . 

Sydney (in a very high-pitched whiny voice): Mommy! Mommy!
Me: What?
Sydney: I think I spilled sumpin'!
Me: What did you spill?
Sydney: I don't know!

I walked into the living room wondering what she could have spilled. She came up and handed this to me . . . 


At first, I thought it was coke. Then, I smelled it. It wasn't coke . . . . it was vanilla extract!!!!  It was sitting out on the kitchen counter because I used it to make the frosting for our cupcakes. She apparently grabbed it when I wasn't looking and took it into the living room. I asked her where the bottle was, and she pointed to the window behind the chair. We have a chair and ottoman in one corner of our living room, so there is a little space behind the chair that she has recently learned to climb into. I pulled back the curtain and there sat the little bottle of vanilla extract on the windowsill. I then noticed little brown splatters on the carpet behind the chair. I was furious at this point!! I'm guessing she grabbed the bottle, climbed behind the chair with her teacup (so I couldn't see her), poured herself a little cup of vanilla, and spilled some when she climbed back over. I honestly don't know how she didn't spill more. I spent a few minutes getting onto her and sent her to her room. I got most of the stain out with some Resolve. I could still see a little of it when it dried, so I've cleaned it again. Hopefully, that got the rest of it out. It's in a spot that no one ever sees, so it won't bother me too bad if it doesn't come out. Honestly, I might not have noticed it for a couple of days if she hadn't told me. I would have probably just been wondering why I could smell vanilla! 

Bright side: It's a little bottle.

5 comments:

  1. Haha! I bet she would've have been surprised if she would have taken a huge gulp of it! Ship some cupcakes to me :-)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your sweet blog! Hmm...this post reminds me of something.....Makeup in your bathroom floor.... Lol! I still feel bad about that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Kacie! I had honestly forgot about that!! My parents replaced the floors in the bathrooms years ago, so its all good!!! lol :)

    ReplyDelete