Sunday, July 31, 2011

All About Fish

Our theme this week was fish . . . only fitting since our newest family member just so happens to be a fish.

My goal was to teach Sydney that fish live in water and breathe with gills. A simple learning objective I know, but she is only three. I don't think she needs to know anything else about them right now.

We read several "fish" books  . . . Fish is Fish, Swimmy, A House for Hermit Crab, Where Whale Went, The Pout-Pout Fish and the Big-Big Dark, Commotion in the Ocean, and The Three Little Fish and the Big Bad Shark. You get the point. We also made a paper plate fish, octopus windsock, and a couple other little things. I think I'm having as much fun with this as Sydney! 

I felt like our activities were sporadic because we were on-the-go almost every day. I hope to add a little more structure to our routine next week as we talk about FROGS! This will come as no surprise to all of my MNE friends. For those of you that are not-in-the know, the theme of my classroom is was frogs! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment