Thursday, July 21, 2011

Last Minute Change of Plans

Love this on the ceiling of the children's area!
Our plan for today was to go to the "Tumbleweeds" class at Sports Com. You have to call the morning of class to reserve your spot. I called and wouldn't you know - it was canceled!! I felt terrible because I'd been telling Sydney about it for the past couple of days, and she was so excited about going to "ger-match-sticks" (translation - gymnastics). So, I had to come up with something else to do. Thankfully, today also happens to be 3 year old storytime at the library. We loaded up and headed to the library.

This is so bad, but I've never been to the public library here before! I was never able to go to storytime and things like that when I was working, so I just never went. Back to my story . . . I used the GPS to get there because I always get mixed up when I go downtown. If you know me very well, this is not surprising! I had no idea that you had to park in a parking garage to go to the library! I started to panic for a second thinking this can't be it, this can't be it. Then, I saw a little door inside the garage that said "Public Library." Hallelujah! I was in the right place. I had a little trouble finding a parking spot and some trouble getting my gigantic Tahoe into the tiny space. Thankfully, we eventually made it to the library with not a minute to spare.


The children's area was cute and inviting. The lady read two books to the kids and did two little puppet shows. They gave all of the kids a craft to do at home. We chose some books, and made our way to the checkout desk. They had a self-checkout system that was really neat. You just laid the book on top of a little pad, and it checked it out without scanning a barcode. I put four books on top of it at once not knowing what I was doing, and it checked all four out at the same time. I was amazed, but then again I should probably get out more!
Working on her craft!

Oh, what an exciting life I lead!


No comments:

Post a Comment