Last night my friend Margie and I threw a surprise 50th birthday party for our sweet friend, Felecia. Felecia is always the first to help when there is a party, shower, or other celebration happening. So, it was only fitting that we throw a party for her. There was just one little problem . . . she went to Hawaii for two weeks on her birthday (which was at the end of May). Then, I went to Florida. We ended up scheduling her party for last night. One good thing about the delay . . . she would never suspect a party in mid-July!
I will admit that I was a bit nervous about planning a party for her because she is seriously the "Party Queen." She always has the best ideas for decorations, makes the best party favors, etc. The original plan was to have the party at the pool in Margie's subdivision since she could reserve it for the night. We chose a Hawaiian theme instead of "over the hill" because it fits her personality and would look great at the pool. However, our plans changed due to the extreme heat, and we moved the party inside to Margie's basement. I think all of the guests were happy to be inside! We kept the guest list to just a few close friends, so that we would have plenty of room for everyone. We all enjoyed catching up over dinner and dessert. At the conclusion of the party, Felecia opened her many gifts (with a little help from Sydney). She got some very nice gifts, but I couldn't pass up the opportunity to give her something funny!
Cutest thing of the night . . . Sydney wore her little grass skirt and coconut bra to greet everyone at the door with a lei. I didn't know if she would do it or not, but she loved it! It was hilarious! She wore that outfit all night!
Here are a few pictures from our night . . .
 |
| The little door greeter! |
 |
| Sydney & Felecia |
 |
| Sydney helping Felecia open her gifts. |
 |
| I made my own "Over the Hill" wrapping paper! |
|
|
 |
| My gag gift . . . a power-lift bra! |
It was the best party EVER!!! Perfect in every way! And the door greeter couldn't have been more adorable!!!
ReplyDelete