Monday, July 11, 2011

Next year's class . . .

Well, my class roll for next year is official. It will consist of the world's two most precious girls . . . Sydney and Harper. I am staying home to be a full-time Mommy and part-time student. No stressing about TCAP scores, report cards, parent teacher conferences, or anything else "teacher" related for the next year.

Just in case anyone is wondering, I have not quit my job. I am taking an extended personal leave without pay. My position will be filled with an interim until I return for the 2012-13 school year.

While I'm off, I will be going back to school to work on my Master's in Administration and Supervision. I've wanted to do this for awhile, but I kept putting it off for one reason or the other. Now, I will be able to "ease" back into the role of student while not having to worry about work.

Believe it or not, this was not an easy decision to make. I was so torn about what to do. There were pros and cons for both. In the end, I know that staying home and spending more time with my girls while furthering my education is something that I will never regret.

2 comments:

  1. How wonderful, I know you will enjoy the time with your girls! ~Missy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Missy!! How can I "follow" your blog? I can't figure it out! :) lol

    ReplyDelete