Friday, July 22, 2011

Goodbye Room 105

The now empty room 105!
Like yesterday, today didn't go quite as planned. I made an appointment to take Kyle's truck to the Ford place to have something fixed that was recalled. Then, my mom and I were going to work on unpacking all my junk stuff into my new classroom. (In case you are wondering: Yes, I'm still taking the year off. I was assigned a new classroom, so I needed to get everything moved and setup for the interim.)

Anyway, I went to start the truck to let it cool off, and it wouldn't start!!! I knew from experience that it was the battery, so I called Kyle to let him know I wouldn't be taking his truck to be fixed today. His response, "We have jumper cables. Jump it off." Really? I wondered if had temporarily lost his mind . . . me + jumper cables . . . not gonna happen. He was like, "I'm sure your mom can do it. Red to red, black to black." My mom was like me, and said she wasn't going to do it. Apparently, she didn't want to be electrocuted today either. I guess I need to start driving Kyle's big ol' truck some since he never does. I have gotten used to my big vehicle now, so it should be a piece of cake. I might have an allergic reaction though since it is a Ford, and I'm now a Chevy owner . . . just kidding, I could really care less.

We dropped Sydney and Harper off with Lori and Ben, and headed to school. My mom comes up every year to help me get my room ready for the start of school. We usually pull everything out and clean really well, scrub the desks, chairs, etc. This week she kept asking me, "What is it that we need to do? You're not even going to be in there." I kept telling her that we just needed to put all my stuff up. I don't think she realized how much stuff I had . . . I didn't realize how much stuff I had! When we walked in, she just hugged me and started laughing. The room was a wreck. The custodians moved a lot of the stuff for me last week. Then, Kyle and I finished all the moving last Friday. We basically just threw everything in there, and it was a WRECK! My nerves have been torn up about it for the last week! Anyone that has ever visited my classroom can tell you that it is usually very neat and orderly. I can't function in a messy room. The unpacking wasn't as bad as I thought it would be . . . probably because my mom was such a big help. I think I threw away four or five boxes of junk. I didn't realize I had so much stuff in there that I didn't use. I enjoyed throwing it away. I know I'm weird . . . I think I have the opposite mentality of a hoarder. I LOVE getting rid of stuff and making space! However, I can't ever seem to get rid of enough because I never have enough room! We were tired and it was hot because the AC wasn't working, so we decided to call it a day. I'll go back and finish it up this weekend . . . at least that is the plan.

We picked up the girls and went to dinner. My mom asked Sydney if she wanted to go home with her, and she said, "I want to stay with my Mommy!" I thought, "YES! I have converted her to a Mommy's girl!!!" It felt good that she wanted to stay with me because she usually begs and pleads to go to Parsons. In typical three year old fashion, she changed her mind after dinner. So, my bubble was busted!! She is now at MiMi and Pop's house for another weekend of spoiling. They are going to bring her back Sunday . . . unless I call and ask for her back sooner. I certainly enjoy the peace and quiet, but I always miss her so much when she is gone. However, I will definitely enjoy relaxing tomorrow . . . don't call expecting me to do anything because I'm going to be laying on the couch holding Harper all day!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment