Friday, July 1, 2011

I wish I'd thought of this sooner . . . .

Most of you probably already do something like this, but I thought I would share just in case!

I didn't get rid of any of Sydney's clothes as she outgrew them because I knew we wanted to have more children. When it was time to clean out her closet and drawers to make room for the next season, I simply took everything and put it into one of those big, silver Rubbermaid containers and labeled it "Baby Clothes" . . . original I know. I don't even know how many of those tubs are in our garage right now packed full of clothes. I thought this was a great way to organize her clothes. 

Then, we found out Harper would be joining our family. I pulled out the tubs to start going through the clothes, and that's when it hit me . . . . I should have done a better job separating the clothes by sizes. I spent an entire afternoon sorting the clothes. I bought several boxes of the x-large ziploc bags. They zip at the top and have a space for you to label the contents. I simply labeled them Newborn, 3 months, 6 months, etc. When I sorted the larger sizes, I labeled them 18 months - spring & summer, 18 months - fall & winter, you get the point. Then, I put the bags back into the large, plastic containers. I also label those containers, so that it is easy to locate specific sizes when I need them. To label the large container, we don't do anything fancy. Just tear off a piece of tape and write on it. We will eventually put all these clothes in a yard sale, so I'll be able to use the container for something else.

If you organize everything and have another child of the same gender, you will definitely be glad that you did it. If not, someone at your yard sale will be very happy! :)

I would love to hear your organization tips!!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment