Tuesday, July 12, 2011

We're gonna miss this, right?

Whew! Tonight's trip to Wal-Mart was a fun one (insert sarcasm here).

We always use our double stroller while grocery shopping. I push the girls and Kyle pushes the cart. Sydney likes to sit in the back seat of the stroller, so that she can see Harper. Harper is turned around backwards, so basically she and Sydney are looking at each other in the stroller. The easy access to Harper causes Sydney to mess with her the whole time. She tickles her feet, pulls her legs, pats her stomach, pulls her paci in and out, you get the point. So, I spend a lot of time saying, "Stop that. Leave her alone! Don't wake her up!" After the millionth time of saying it nicely, I usually find myself bending over in Sydney's face using a not-so-nice voice.  Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. This is typical for family trips to the store, so it doesn't really bother me that much anymore . . . if it gets too bad, I usually just move Sydney to the cart with Kyle. :)

Tonight Sydney wanted a toy curling iron and hair brush. She has one at my mom's that she played with all weekend giving everybody "hair cuts." I meant to bring it back with us, but I forgot. I told her that I'd buy her one if I could find it. Well, I found one alright . . . $15 for a toy curling iron, flat iron, hair dryer, roller, and some little bottles. I let her get it because I had promised her that I would buy her one. She was pretty good from that point on in the store because I told her that I'd put it back if she didn't act right. As soon as I paid for the toy and handed it back to her, she started acting like a crazy person again.

We got into the car and she started whining and making demands. She was screaming, "Forget you! Forget you! I want to hear Forget You!" I told her I don't want to hear that. Then it was, "I want to watch a movie!" Kyle told her, "We don't have any movies in the car." We kept telling her to be quiet, but it went on and on. I then told her that she would not be getting that toy when we got home. I would put it up, and she could have it when she decided to behave. Then, she had a meltdown!

She wanted a corn dog from Sonic, so we stopped to get her one since I was definitely not going to fix anything when we got home. While at Sonic, Harper decided to get in on the action and start crying. So, they were both screaming at the top of their lungs. I kept trying to put Harper's paci in, but it didn't help! I finally just stopped and looked at Kyle. He says quietly, "I'm tempted to get that corn dog and beat Sydney with it!" If you know Kyle, you know he wouldn't do that. The way he said it was so funny that I couldn't help but start laughing. Once I started laughing, he started laughing, so there we were . . . Kyle and I laughing uncontrollably in the front while Sydney and Harper cried uncontrollably in the back. The more we laughed, the louder Sydney cried. The more she cried, the more we laughed!

I reminded Kyle that people say we will miss this one day! (I even got my phone out and played the song for him from iTunes which just made us laugh a little harder.) I know we will miss these times when our girls are older, but I'm certainly enjoying the peace and quiet right now while they sleep!

P.S. The toys are still on top of my refrigerator. Who knows when she will get them back!

No comments:

Post a Comment